Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Feeling Like The 90's

Lately we've been seeing a lot of clothing that looks like it has come straight from the 90's, with possibly a few tweaks here and there. But what I'm also seeing is not just the fashion, but also the styling of the shoots going back the way it was done before digital really took off. I adore seeing shoots done completely using analogue (film) photography; for example, this cover of Vogue Korea, featuring Natalia Vodianova (seen below), as well as the Miu Mix done in Vogue Australia and finally, another recent shoot with Abbey Lee that I posted previously.
(via fashiongonerogue.com)
Maybe it's just the photographer in me that appreciates the art of film so much, but all that I do know is that you can't replicate the look you achieve when using analogue. In every shoot that I've seen so far, it really adds to the authenticity to the clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Ampersand & Ampersand! Leave a comment and I'll reply and/or check out your blog.